Recently had a sneak peek underneath the stove hood and it wasn’t pretty! The range hood certainly has been doing a great job at collecting the grease. Pretty nasty stuff.
So you’ve decided it’s time to clean the filters in the stove hood. It is important to clean them periodically so that they remain effective in collecting the grease and not getting blocked.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to clean the filters. Simply by using a good degreaser product, time and hot water.
Be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection.
What You Need
Very hot or boiling water
Degreaser (highly recommend Ovenmate available at Abcoe)
Non-abrasive scrub brush
Micro fibre cloth
- Remove the filters from the hood: The filters should easily slide or pop out of the underside of the hood. Most have a metal loop you can grab to push the filter up and slide it out.
- Place filters in sink: Wear Rubber Gloves. Generously spray the degreaser over the upside of the filter.
- Let them soak: Allow the filters to soak for 3 minutes.
- Scrub the filters: After soaking, take a non-abrasive scrub brush and scrub the filters. Add more degreaser to your brush if required while you scrub.
- Rinse with hot water. Rinse the filter thoroughly in hot water.
- Repeat on other side of the filter. Repeat steps 2 to 5 on the other side of the filter.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse the filters thoroughly in hot water and dry with a paper towel or clean microfiber cloth.
- Degrease the rest of the range hood. Generously spray the degreaser over the range hood and use a soft scrub sponge to remove grease.
- Remove the cleaning product from the range hood. Rinse with a clean mico fibre cloth with hot water and remove chemical residue. Wipe with metal grain if required.
- Replace the filters and repeat as needed: Put the filters back into the hood, and repeat as needed! Cleaning the filters once a month is a good maintenance strategy.
Contact Sylla Cleaning Experts
Sylla Cleaning have completed a Certificate III in cleaning and have many years of experience in the cleaning industry. we are very passionate about the quality of work we provide. If you need assistance in cleaning maintenance, feel free to contact us on 0470 350 013.