Cooking is a messy job. While you’re cooking a delicious meal for your loved ones, grease is spattering all over the place. Removing grime and steam residue build up from kitchen tiles can be time-consuming and involves lots of scrubbing. Keep some of the following tips in mind when it comes to cleaning wall tiles to help restore your home to a clean and shiny state.
Keep to a cleaning Routine
Regular care and maintenance helps maintain tile cleanliness. If kept to a regular routine cleaning will be less time and physical effort. The longer those splatters and stains sit, the harder they’ll be to get off later.
How often you go deeper and give your walls, backsplashes, and cupboards a more thorough cleaning depends on how often you cook and make greasy messes. The kitchen tends to get grimier than other places in the house.
The basic process is to soften grease and grime with a cleaning product, use a tile & grout scrubbing brush to clean the grout, a larger scrubbing tool over the tile surface and then clean with a microfiber cloth soaked in warm water, for tough grime spray the cleaning product on the cloth and wipe, the back of the scrub brush also has a scraper for tough spots. Finally, rinse the microfiber cloth and wipe down the tiles. Allow the tiles to dry and wipe with a warm wet microfiber cloth if you to remove any leftover residue that would attract dirt and grime.
What You Need
Clean microfiber cloths
Tile & Grout scrubbing brush
All-purpose scrubbing brush
Multi-Purpose Detergent Cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide
- While cooking remove any grease splatters or stains off kitchen surfaces immediately with a paper towel.
- Wear Rubber gloves. Spray a Multi-Purpose Detergent Cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide generously on tiles. Allow to soak in for a thirty seconds.
- Scrub grout using a tile & grout brush. For tough spots spray on brush and scrub.
- Run a clean microfiber cloth under warm water and gently wipe grease splatters to soften and remove.
- Soak microfiber cloth in bucket of warm water, wring out; and wipe down grease splatter and then gently wipe surface in a circular motion.
- For stubborn grease stains, spray Multi-purpose Detergent Cleaner on scrubbing brush and scrub, use scraper on back of brush for tough grease.
- Run a microfiber cloth under warm water and gently rinse surface.
- Wring out microfiber cloth and wipe down surface remove residue product.
- Dry surface with a clean microfiber cloth.
Avoid using undiluted concentrate cleaning products, which can ruin paint or stain other surfaces.
Always use rubber gloves and eye protection when spraying cleaning products. It’s best to spot test first and use gentle scrubbing motions to remove grease.
Contact Sylla Cleaning Experts
Sylla Cleaning have many years of experience in the cleaning industry. we are very passionate about the quality of work we provide. If you need assistance in cleaning maintenance, feel free to contact them on 0470 350 013.