Recently had a sneak peek underneath the stove hood and it wasn’t pretty! The range hood certainly has been doing a great job at collecting the grease. Pretty nasty stuff.
So you’ve decided it’s time to clean the filters in the stove hood. It is important to clean them periodically so that they remain effective in collecting the grease and not getting blocked.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to clean the filters. Simply by using a good degreaser product, time and hot water.
Be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection.
What You Need
Very hot or boiling water
Degreaser (highly recommend Ovenmate available at Abcoe)
Non-abrasive scrub brush
Micro fibre cloth
- Remove the filters from the hood: The filters should easily slide or pop out of the underside of the hood. Most have a metal loop you can grab to push the filter up and slide it out.
- Place filters in sink: Wear Rubber Gloves. Generously spray the degreaser over the upside of the filter.
- Let them soak: Allow the filters to soak for 3 minutes.
- Scrub the filters: After soaking, take a non-abrasive scrub brush and scrub the filters. Add more degreaser to your brush if required while you scrub.
- Rinse with hot water. Rinse the filter thoroughly in hot water.
- Repeat on other side of the filter. Repeat steps 2 to 5 on the other side of the filter.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse the filters thoroughly in hot water and dry with a paper towel or clean microfiber cloth.
- Degrease the rest of the range hood. Generously spray the degreaser over the range hood and use a soft scrub sponge to remove grease.
- Remove the cleaning product from the range hood. Rinse with a clean mico fibre cloth with hot water and remove chemical residue. Wipe with metal grain if required.
- Replace the filters and repeat as needed: Put the filters back into the hood, and repeat as needed! Cleaning the filters once a month is a good maintenance strategy.
Contact Sylla Cleaning Experts
Sylla Cleaning have completed a Certificate III in cleaning and have many years of experience in the cleaning industry. we are very passionate about the quality of work we provide. If you need assistance in cleaning maintenance, feel free to contact us on 0470 350 013.
Soak in degreaser
Hot water rinse
Cooking is a messy job. While you’re cooking a delicious meal for your loved ones, grease is spattering all over the place. Removing grime and steam residue build up from kitchen tiles can be time-consuming and involves lots of scrubbing. Keep some of the following tips in mind when it comes to cleaning wall tiles to help restore your home to a clean and shiny state.
Keep to a cleaning Routine
Regular care and maintenance helps maintain tile cleanliness. If kept to a regular routine cleaning will be less time and physical effort. The longer those splatters and stains sit, the harder they’ll be to get off later.
How often you go deeper and give your walls, backsplashes, and cupboards a more thorough cleaning depends on how often you cook and make greasy messes. The kitchen tends to get grimier than other places in the house.
The basic process is to soften grease and grime with a cleaning product, use a tile & grout scrubbing brush to clean the grout, a larger scrubbing tool over the tile surface and then clean with a microfiber cloth soaked in warm water, for tough grime spray the cleaning product on the cloth and wipe, the back of the scrub brush also has a scraper for tough spots. Finally, rinse the microfiber cloth and wipe down the tiles. Allow the tiles to dry and wipe with a warm wet microfiber cloth if you to remove any leftover residue that would attract dirt and grime.
What You Need
Clean microfiber cloths
Tile & Grout scrubbing brush
All-purpose scrubbing brush
Multi-Purpose Detergent Cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide
- While cooking remove any grease splatters or stains off kitchen surfaces immediately with a paper towel.
- Wear Rubber gloves. Spray a Multi-Purpose Detergent Cleaner that contains Sodium Hydroxide generously on tiles. Allow to soak in for a thirty seconds.
- Scrub grout using a tile & grout brush. For tough spots spray on brush and scrub.
- Run a clean microfiber cloth under warm water and gently wipe grease splatters to soften and remove.
- Soak microfiber cloth in bucket of warm water, wring out; and wipe down grease splatter and then gently wipe surface in a circular motion.
- For stubborn grease stains, spray Multi-purpose Detergent Cleaner on scrubbing brush and scrub, use scraper on back of brush for tough grease.
- Run a microfiber cloth under warm water and gently rinse surface.
- Wring out microfiber cloth and wipe down surface remove residue product.
- Dry surface with a clean microfiber cloth.
Avoid using undiluted concentrate cleaning products, which can ruin paint or stain other surfaces.
Always use rubber gloves and eye protection when spraying cleaning products. It’s best to spot test first and use gentle scrubbing motions to remove grease.
Spray Multi-purpose Detergent Cleander
Soak for 30 seconds
Scrub tiles and grout
Kitchen tile shine!
Contact Sylla Cleaning Experts
Sylla Cleaning have many years of experience in the cleaning industry. we are very passionate about the quality of work we provide. If you need assistance in cleaning maintenance, feel free to contact them on 0470 350 013.